Frequently asked questions
We’re proud of the changes we’ve made to public transport, but we understand change can be confusing.
We’ve collected here the answers to the most common questions we’ve received so far.
You can also contact us through the website, social media, or by calling our customer care centre.
Buy a ticket for a day, or buy a personal bus card and add credit to it, or apply for student cards. Employee cards can be issued on site to all qualifying businesses.
You add credit to your top-up card in our four agencies, on board buses, and in our new ticket machines being deployed across the network.
Fill out the form available in our agencies and submit your documents to apply for a student card.
Discounts are available for up to 3 lines for all public university and high school students.
- The signed form* and contract (*free in all our agencies)
- The forms are available to students free of charge in commercial agencies
- 2 Photos
- Copy of a current and valid: student card; or enrolment certificate; or proof of enrolment request
- A legalized copy of your CIN ( a Copy of your parent’s or tutor’s CIN if you are a minor)
- Certificate of non-employment for students aged 25 and over.
Students registered with public university and secondary establishments , including the OFPPT vocational schools, as well as the Mohammedia Network qualify for a student card.
Student cards cost Dh100 per month, with an initial Dh100 registration fee.
- Casabus by Alsa customer care is available by phone from 07:00 to 21:00 (7am to 9pm) on +212 520 552 055
- Email (complaint) : firstname.lastname@example.org
- In all our agencies…
- Send us a letter at 203 Bd Anzarane, Val Fleuri Maarif, Casablanca…
- Social media : we’re on facebook https://facebook.com/Casabusopereparalsa) and instagram https://www.instagram.com/casa_bus/?hl=en).